Resolve logistical challenges with Hybrid Power
- Power plants may be damaged or destroyed during a disaster (thus power shortages are a regular occurrence and most commonly, there is no access to power).
- Not only finding and obtaining, but delivering diesel fuel to power generators is difficult within high risk areas and very expensive.
- Power is vitally needed for the Cold Chain; refrigeration, vaccines, ice packs etc.
- Lifesaving equipment and hospitals need reliable, consistent power 24hrs a day.
- Sourcing replacement parts and maintaining diesel generators is problematic.
Hybrid Power Generators for Refugees, Aid Workers & Hospitals
We provide safe, clean, quickly-deployed sustainable power for disaster relief that can be used anywhere in the world. Our portable sustainable energy systems, engineered to the highest standards, are suitable for field hospitals, refugee camps, lighting and pumping water.
Providing power is an essential part of disaster relief and reconstruction. Recognising the role that renewable energy can play in delivering remote power, the UK government’s Department for International Development (DfID) uses our Cygnus 5.0kVA Hybrid Power Generators during disaster relief.
Each unit provides up to 18 kWh between each re-charge. The Cygnus 5.0kVA Hybrid Power Generators are connected to two Fold-Arrays, which provide just over 1 kWp of PV. NO fuel is required.
The Cygnus units provide refugees, aid workers and communities with clean, silent power for lighting, phone charging, radios and computers. This means that essential services and communications can be maintained without relying on supplies from the outside, as well as eliminating noise and exhaust fumes.
We provide training to enable local workers to use the Cygnus units. Whilst the Cygnus has been designed to be really simple to use, our continuous in-the-field training is an important part of our product innovation process. Being in the field to support users, also allows us to continually collate feedback and actively progress in product development. No matter where you are in the world, you can be reassured that our Hybrid Power Generators are the most advanced, with the capabilities to meet the needs of disaster relief requirements.